Thursday, April 13, 2017

Funny Stuff: "The Monstrous Mosquito" by Warren Kremer

You like Funny Stuff, Groove-ophiles! You really like it! So today we're gonna check out Ol' Groove's favorite Harvey Comics character, Stumbo the Friendly Giant! Yeah, I like Richie Rich, Hot Stuff, Spooky, and the rest, but the big-hearted (naturally!) giant is my personal favorite Harvey denizen. I'd love, love, love a tpb collection of his adventures. This particular tale, "The Monstrous Mosquito" from Devil Kids #37 (October 1968)was drawn by creator Warren Kremer and is just a fun little five pager that gives you a good idea of what Stumbo was all about. Let's truck on down to Tiny Town!





2 comments:

  1. Hey Groove, this post brought back an old memory of mine. I remember (vaguely) reading Richie Rich Vault Of Mystery, but haven't really found much about it, was that a title that was around for only a short period?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being an 80s-90s kid from the further reaches of the UK, most Harvey output like this is new to me; but I immediately like Warren Kremer's drawing style, composition and so on. Doctor Cesspoole is some piece of character design!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!