Friday, April 4, 2014

The Grooviest Covers of All Time: The Groovy Age Falcon

What it is, Groove-ophiles! While we're gonna be diggin' this guy in Captain America: The Winter Soldier any moment now...

Let's not forget the original (aka, to most of us, the real deal) Sam Wilson, The Falcon! Here he is in some of the Grooviest Covers of All Time, with art by the likes of Gene Colan, Jack Kirby, Gil Kane, John Romita, Sal Buscema, and even some guy named Frank Miller, from mags like Captain America and the Falcon, Marvel Team-Up, and Marvel Premiere...











1 comment:

  1. I always really dug the far flying Falcon! I remember buying those Colan Caps well. I even bought the Mego Falcon figure to go with my Cap. I was just bummed they never did Bucky. Or sold the first Cap triangular shield too. So I could have had the 50's Cap & Bucky battle the real Cap & Falcon! No Red Skull, Zemo or Baron Struck either!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Special thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics and Grand Comics Database for being such fantastic resources for covers, dates, creator info, etc. Thou art treasures true!


Note to "The Man": All images are presumed copyright by the respective copyright holders and are presented here as fair use under applicable laws, man! If you hold the copyright to a work I've posted and would like me to remove it, just drop me an e-mail and it's gone, baby, gone.


All other commentary and insanity copyright GroovyAge, Ltd.

As for the rest of ya, the purpose of this blog is to (re)introduce you to the great comics of the 1970s. If you like what you see, do what I do--go to a comics shop, bookstore, e-Bay or whatever and BUY YOUR OWN!